Saturday 30 January 2016

The Snow (2):The Spring Snow at ‘Top of Euro’

My second snow experience is on my trip to ‘Top of Europe’ in Switzerland. 

The unforgettable, wonderful GoldenPass rail journey (expensive as well, because it is private-owned) took me to Jungfraujoch-the famous Swiss holiday resort in the heart of the Alps.

 
 

Standing there, the temperature was -34 degrees Celsius! Yet, it was not so frozen in reality.

And when I visited there in March, which means the best skiing season in a year, the weather gradually warmed up and the snowfall can be very plentiful. Therefore, not only I saw people wearing sunglasses and skiing on the groomed runs and the off-piste areas (for those more courageous!), but ice sculptures inside a cave and chairlifts on the blue sky. 



The snowy caps of the Alps peak is one of the most otherworldly things I have ever seen.





I enjoyed roaming around different spots by the train for two days. There is no strong wind at all but peaceful snowflakes and beautiful scenery telling their own stories in the great mountains.


No comments:

Post a Comment