Saturday 5 November 2016

Revisit My Dear Old Friends in the British Museum

Few days ago, I went to London to visit my old friends: the Egyptian Pharaoh and the mummy.

This is my 4th time being in the British Museum. The Egyptian civilized legacy is always the most classic and immortal display there. Hence they are not displaced to somewhere else and always attract people from all over the world.


Well, I somehow feel so close to them, probably because I have an ancient soul in my body. I feel a bit sad as well while I was standing in front of these silent and colossal statues: the King RamessesⅡ and Queen Ahmose-Merytamun.




If their alleged lives are perpetual, then what kind of messages are they delivering? Will they hope to return to their homeland? Should we show more respect to them? Or this is the best way to preserve and cherish all these treasures?


Anyway, my dear old friends, I wish you can penetrate the time wall and the hedge within this building by your sheer force of will and infinite lives.


And we will meet up with each other again.

No comments:

Post a Comment