Sunday 18 November 2018

British Sandwich: a solution to my weak teeth

This week I returned to York from Taiwan for continuing my research. Yellow and red maple trees, and Christmas lights on shops’ windows are welcoming my coming life. 



Something new happened to me, I just pulled my wisdom tooth on the left side at the end of October when I came back to Taiwan (as going to see the dentist under Taiwanese NHS is more relatively convenient for me); it takes time to recover. Therefore, I can barely use that side to chew everything. And I got a serious jet lag disorder and no mood to do cooking as usual. 


As ‘British Sandwich Week’ (this year is held on 20-26 May 2018) says, the Sandwich is the greatest food to go and quite possibly the most iconic British culinary invention.
Many British supermarkets such as Morrisons, Tesco, M&S, Ald, etc., roll out their own-brand sandwiches, I have tried different recipes of them. In general, the top 7 typical main ingredient and popular fillings are: cucumber, smoked salmon, egg salad, roast beef, tomato, cheese and pickle, ham and mustard. 
(Source: http://www.britishsandwichweek.com/)

(Source: http://www.britishsandwichweek.com/)

(Source: http://www.britishsandwichweek.com/)

However, according to a new investigation in June, revealing that ‘Under half of sandwiches in a survey were found to be under-filled’, well, what is the best value for money? Which is the best or the worst? Check here:
 (Source: Mailonline by IMOGEN BLAKE FOR MAILONLINE, PUBLISHED: 12:40, 12 June 2018 | UPDATED: 16:05, 12 June 2018)

英國三明治:解救我的牙弱之道
這週我從台灣回到約克繼續我的研究。

黃色和紅色楓樹和商店櫥窗上的聖誕燈正在迎接我接下來的生活。

有件新的事情發生在我身上,10月底才剛拔了我左側的智齒,在我回到台灣的時候(因為在台灣健保制度下看牙醫對我來說比較方便);恢復需要時間。因此,我幾乎不能用那一面來咀嚼一切。還有我有嚴重時差, 沒什麼心情像一般日子自己作飯.由於傷口還未痊癒, 飲食需要低溫的和營養均衡的,然後我發現英國三明治非常有用而且非常方便。

正如“英國三明治週”(今年於2018520日至26日舉行)所說,三明治是最好的食物,很可能是最具標誌性的英國烹飪發明。

許多英國超市像Morrisons, Tesco, M&S, Ald, etc推出了他們自己品牌的三明治,我嘗試了不同的口味餡料。7種典型的主要成分和流行的餡料是:
黃瓜,煙熏鮭魚,雞蛋沙拉,烤牛肉,番茄,奶酪和泡菜,火腿和芥末。

然而,根據6月份的一項新調查,顯示“調查中三分之一以下的三明治被發現料餡不足”,那麼,最物超所值的是什麼?

哪個是最好還是最差?可以參考以下

No comments:

Post a Comment