Friday 16 September 2016

The Freshers Week at Sussex


The Freshers Week

It is the first week at campus, namely, “freshers week”, Student Union surely holds a series of events to welcome all the new comers. I lived in off-campus accommodation, there is about 20 minutes bus distance to campus; therefore, I only choose something essential to attend.

The only place to see a bunch of flowers at campus


Explore the location of all the buildings on campus
It is always important, if you don’t want to be late to the classroom after one week.
this is what I major at this school, sounds cool, right?
Find out where I can loan the books-Library
I am a library fan and have collected the world Top 100 libraries information hoping to visit some in the future. I firstly explored the school library by my own, then I joined a library introduction tour which is about 30-minute to realize how to work its every function: open space, bookstore inside, café, group discussion room and toilets…also, there are special places for phone users and many computers available.


 





The BADGER

This is a new vocabulary to me, probably I never ever notice this kind of animal. The official student weekly newspaper of Sussex’s Student Union uses the ” BADGER” to be its title, it is fun to know this new word. 

Tackle all the processes

Being an international student, you will need to get your BRP (Biometric Residence Permit) from your school within 10 days of arrival, then open a UK student account (Santander and Barclays are served for you on campus especially during this week)   apply a student discount card (so-called NUS card, 12 pounds/one year, discounts in shopping many stores), a Bus Key Card and apply a National Rail Train Card online…after tackling all this, you will feel relieved a bit.( I am exhausted, actually!)


And doesn’t worry about you will get lost, you are just as the same as the other freshers, the Student Union arranges many volunteers on campus for helping you get things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment