Sunday 14 March 2021

House-move during the Covid19🏡

  • "When talking about your house-move, it must always be described as traumatic, fraught with difficulty and disruption, eve if in fact the process was completely  smoothly and without noticeable stress." - Kate Fox (British social anthropologist)
🏠This was my third time of house-move during the Covid19 national lockdown in England.

⌛Last time when I considered home moving, I was concerned about the distance of in-store grocery shopping during lockdown as many online shopping services are always in a long queue. As such, I move to the city centre. However, my living room faces the main street with a lot of traffic noise, making mw feel uneasy. And its 'antique' building structure also generated a lot of unnecessary noises from neighbours that quite disturbed my life, especially kids sometimes visited their grandpa who lived upstairs on me and run around the floor, driving me very crazy.

🔓On 4 January Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced a new national lockdown in England- the England's third national lockdown; I have decided that I want to move to somewhere to re-boost my mood and have a better window view, although I just furnished my flat last September.  I know that I have to choose either the ground floor or the top floor, and a nice furnished one. 

🌈Now everything is resettled down just upon my March birthday arrival.

💒I am living in my favourite house choice. The location is still near city centre within 15-minute walk, while its living and bedroom are facing against the River Ouse which flows through the city of York and the house is surrounded by many green spaces and parks. The view from my windows is quite European scenery.

🍊Besides, online shopping is easier to book now as we can see that the COVID-19 vaccine is helping to reduce the spread of infection and elder people and others have more confidence to walk out. And I have a big refrigerator in my new house so I can take advantage of online shopping more without walking to the supermarkets.

👌Most importantly, neighbours living nearby are those who enjoy quiet life so that I do enjoy a peaceful moment without noise disturbance in a pretty house.  

💖The house-move is troublesome but is definitely worthy of!

The view form my window is picturesque💖


a great view to watch a summer football game 

The view form my bedroom 

Opposite the River

The way to the city centre

The way back home

Riverside night view

封鎖期間搬家🏡

"在講到搬家時,必須始終將其描述的很煩擾,充滿困難和混亂,即使事實上該過程是完全順利的並且沒有明顯的壓力。" -凱特·福克斯(英國社會人類學家)

這是我在英格蘭進行的Covid19全國封鎖期間的第三次搬家。

上一次考慮搬家時,我擔心封鎖期間到雜貨店購物的距離太遠,因為許多網路購物服務總是大排長隊。因此,我搬到了市中心。但是,我的客廳面對主要街道,交通噪音很大,使我感到不安舒服。而且它的"古董"建築結構還產生了很多從鄰居那裡的不必要的噪音,這極大地打擾了我的生活,尤其是孩子們有時會拜訪他們的爺爺,他住在我樓上並在地板上跑來跑去,使我非常抓狂。

14日,英國首相Boris Johnson宣布了對英格蘭的新的國家封鎖,這是英格蘭的第三次國家封鎖;我已經決定要搬到某個地方來重新提振心情,並擁有更好的窗戶視野,儘管去年9月我剛剛佈置了公寓。我知道我必須選擇一樓或頂層,以及一間佈置精美的有家具的房子。

現在一切都在我三月的生日之前重新安頓好了。

我住在我最喜歡的房子裡。 該位置仍然在市中心附近,步行15分鐘即可到達,而其起居室和臥室都面對著流經約克市的Ouse河,房屋四周被許多綠地和公園所環繞。 從我的窗戶看出去的景色頗具歐洲風情。

此外,現在可以更輕鬆地預訂網路購物,因為我們可以看到COVID-19疫苗正在幫助減少感染的蔓延,老年人和其他人更有信心走出去。 而且我的新房子裡有一台大冰箱,這樣我就可以不用逛超市就可以利用網路購物的更多便利。

最重要的是,住在附近的鄰居是那些享受安靜生活的人,因此我確實在漂亮的房子裡享受著平靜而又不受噪音干擾的時刻。

這次搬家很麻煩,但絕對值得!

No comments:

Post a Comment