Sunday 26 May 2019

Scottish Highland cattle (Hairy Coos)🐂

Last month I visited Cramond Beach in the north-west of Edinburgh. On my way to there, I saw a group of the Scottish Blackface on the field. It was an amazing creature! Another iconic animal in Scotland - highland cattle - also attracted my eyes when the cattle toys are displayed in the shop window. Therefore, this month, I decided to visit Edinburgh again. A two-day trip that allowed me to explore the southern edge of Edinburgh and to see Highland cattle.


Before starting my trip, I got the information that Highland cattle look wild outside but are afraid of people, probably most of them have been domesticated over decades; however, I don’t plan to bother the nature beauty too much and I decide to keep a proper distance when I find them. 


I checked in a very interesting countryside flat, where they offer me different types of drinks, including one can of Scottish national drink, a little bottle of Charlemagne, an Evian water, tea bags and coffee powders with a bottle of caramel syrup, and cookie and cake already on the table and the bed. A warm and pretty welcome; however, the host told me that there will be a quiz night in the pub downstairs, and in turn, it became an annoying noise until midnight. Under such a circumstance, maybe I should go for a drink with them as the local people do.

Apart from that, everything was good. A local friend introduced me to go to Mortonhall Centre Garden to see Highland cattle🐂🐂, and I made it. I saw them nearby the way to Mortonhall Estate.

I kept my promise to keep a safe distance to observe how they ate grass. The long hair covering the face makes them look like eating while sleeping. Later, one stood up from the grass and "poo poo" in front of me. Just watch them can be so healing! The wild hairy animals can melt even stone and cold hearts.

蘇格蘭高地牛
上個月我去了愛丁堡西北部的Cramond海灘。在去那裡的路上,我看到了一群蘇格蘭黑臉羊。真是美好的動物!另一個蘇格蘭標誌性的動物 - 高地牛 - 當商店櫥窗裡展示牛玩具時,也吸引了我的目光。因此,這個月,我決定再次訪問愛丁堡,這是一個為期兩天的旅行,讓我可以探索愛丁堡的南邊並看到高地牛。

在開始我的旅行之前,我得到的資訊是,高地牛外表看起來很狂,但卻會怕人們,可能大部分都被馴化了;但是,我不打算太打擾自然美景,當我找到它們時,我決定保持適當的距離。

我入住了一個非常有趣的鄉村公寓,在那裡他們為我提供不同類型的飲料,包括一罐蘇格蘭國民飲料,一小瓶Charlemagne,礦泉水,茶包和附帶有一瓶焦糖糖漿的咖啡粉,以及餅乾和蛋糕都準備在桌子和床上。溫暖而美麗的歡迎;然而,主人告訴我,樓下的酒吧今晚會有一個猜謎之夜,到後來,它變成一種令人討厭的噪音,直到午夜。在這種情況下,也許我應該和當地人一起去喝酒。

除此之外,一切都很好。一位當地的朋友介紹我去莫頓霍爾中心花園看高地牛,我就辦到了。我在前往Mortonhall Estate的路上看到了他們。我信守承諾,保持安全距離,觀察他們如何吃草。遮住臉部的長毛讓他們看起來好像睡覺時在吃東西。後來,有一個隻從草地上站起來,還在我面前“便便”。光是看著他們可以就很療癒!野生毛茸茸的動物甚至可以融化石頭般冷酷的心。

No comments:

Post a Comment