Saturday 1 February 2020

2020 Winter escape: 'Game of Thrones' in Malta

48 Hours in Malta for 'Game of Thrones' 

After visiting a lot of ancient monuments in Italy, my two days in Malta focused on natural beauty, especially the filming locations of ‘Games of Thrones’: The Blue Hole. 

As I arrived in Malta in the late evening, I chose a restaurant with good reviews on Google Maps to treat myself—Acqua Marina Restaurant in Bugibba—nearby the guesthouse I lived in. In this Mediterranean island nation, fish cuisine is one of the best options when you want a meal; if drinking, ordering Cisk beer as it is the most famous in the local market.

Being a Taiwanese, I am very familiar with tuna cuisine because it is a delicious snack in Tainan city; however, the tuna dinner in Malta went beyond my expectations with its different style and rich herbal tastes. It was so good that I went to the restaurant again the next night to try another fish dish. The fish was so fresh and tender, and it was awesome that many restaurants opened until 10 pm. As I read from the website, Malta is famous for its nightlife; however, I am not so interested in pub fun. I cannot wait to get up earlier to explore the amazing coastlines.




Malta is composed of five islands, but only three islands currently have human activities: Malta, Comino and Gozo. My next-day mission is to explore all three islands. Could it be possible for me in one day? Yes! I made it!

Popeye Village


Mellieha Bay


Just last year, I watched a series of 'Game of Thrones', which has become one of the most popular television shows of all time. ‘Winter Is Coming’— I was so impressed by its storyline full of sex, violence, power, complexity and dark sides of human beings. As such, there is no doubt that the shooting scenery must be magnificent enough to deploy these stunning plots.


My one-day trip from Malta-Comino-Gozo was successful by the public transport bus, connection boats, and return ferry. 🚃⛴⛵

The two-way connection boat (13 euros/per person in a day) took visitors to sail around the most beautiful coastline in Comino: 'Blue Lagoon'; and then I hopped off on this island to have a rock hiking a bird's-eye view of the beautiful capes.














After a short stay on this island, I hopped on the connection boat again to go to my next destination: Gozo. Blue Hole is the main purpose of visiting this island, where houses the location of Khal Drogo and Daenerys Targaryen's wedding in Game of Thrones, to say it precisely, Azure Window, Dwejra.





I arrived there around 3:30 pm to 5pm, it enabled me to catch up all the process of sunsetting around the Blue Hole corner. Malta, known as the heart of the Mediterranean, offers an affordable price, warm weather, and fresh seafood in the winter for tourists. The seawater in all these islands are so crystal and are shining blue on the sea, making my winter escape end up with full satisfaction and unforgettable pretty memories.



   
  






2020年冬季避寒之旅:馬爾他48小時

在參觀了義大利的許多古蹟之後,我在馬爾他的兩天主要聚焦在自然美景,尤其是《權力的遊戲》的拍攝場址。

當我傍晚到達馬爾他時,我選擇了一家在Google地圖上獲得好評的餐廳來好好款待自己-BugibbaAcqua Marina餐廳-在我所住的旅館附近。在這個地中海島嶼國家中,當您想用餐時,魚肉是最好的選擇之一,然後可以喝Cisk啤酒因為它是當地市場上最著名的。

作為台灣人,我對金槍魚[𩵚魠魚]非常熟悉,因為它是台南市的美味小吃。不過,馬爾他的金槍魚晚餐卻因其不同的風格和濃郁的香草味道而超越了我的期望。因為好吃,以至於第二天我又去了一次餐廳嘗試另一道魚料理。魚是如此鮮嫩,而且很棒的是許多餐館營業至晚上10點。正如我從網路上看到的那樣,馬爾他以夜生活聞名。但是,我對酒吧娛樂並不那麼感興趣。我迫不及待地想早起,探索令人驚嘆的海岸線。

馬爾他由五個島嶼組成,但目前只有三個島嶼有人類活動:馬爾他,科米諾和戈佐。我的第二天任務是探索所有三個島嶼。在一天之內對我來說可能嗎?是!我做到了!

就在去年,我看了一系列的《權力的遊戲》,這已經成為有史以來最受歡迎的電視節目之一。 “冬天來了”-它的故事情節給人留下了深刻的印象,故事情節充滿了性,暴力,權力,複雜和人類的陰暗面。這樣,毫無疑問地,拍攝場景必須足夠壯麗才能註釋出這些令人驚嘆的情節。

我從馬爾他-科米諾-戈佐出發的一日遊是透過公車,連接船和往返渡輪而辦到的。雙向遊船(每人每天13歐元)會帶遊客繞著科米諾最美麗的海岸線:“藍色潟湖” 航行;然後我跳下這個小島去岩石健行,鳥瞰美麗的海角。

在這個島上短暫停留後,我再次跳上連接船前往我的下一個目的地:戈佐。藍洞(Blue Hole)是參觀這座島嶼的主要目的,該島是《權力的遊戲》中Khal DrogoDaenerys Targaryen婚禮的所在地,確切地說是DwejraAzure Window

我大約在下午3:30到下午5點到達那裡,這使我能夠在藍洞拐角處補捉所有落日的過程。馬爾他被譽為地中海的心臟,冬季為遊客提供價格合理的價格,溫暖的天氣和新鮮的海鮮,所有這些島嶼的海水是如此的晶瑩剔透,並在蔚藍的大海上照耀著,使我的冬季避寒之旅最終充滿了滿足感和美好的回憶。



No comments:

Post a Comment